Sunday 28 May 2017

1 Month PostPartum/1 Month Baby Update.

Hey, Everyone!

Seems like yesterday I had Kiara, it's been 1 month! Can you believe it? The last 4 weeks went very fast! Today's blog is going to be about several updates and what iv been up to with Kiara in the last month and our plans for next month as well as postpartum and how I am recovering.

Breast Feeding has been going very good. I am still pumping breast milk, I am very grateful I have a lot of milk supply to the point I was freezing my breast milk in mason jars in the freezer. The first 2-3 weeks Kiara was drinking 1-3 oz each feeding. In the last week of the first month, she started drinking 2-5 oz. It says online that I should be consuming 1,800 calories a day to keep my milk from not limiting its supply.  I've been eating a lot of dairy products and vitamin D foods and Iron rich foods. I love having cereal, yogurt, cheese and sweets with milk.

Kiara has been loving bath time, she is content the whole bath time. Kiara has been sleeping very well through the day and night. Some morning's she would be up for 1 - 2 hours because she was wide awake. Other morning's she would sleep 3-4 hours at a time before she was hungry.

Kiara development is coming along every day. Tummy time is a daily activity I do with Kiara. Her head is getting stronger each day. She loves reading and songs that I and my husband read and sing to her. We got block library books for her. 123, ABC and another book about her being loved are the books we currently have.  Kiara can roll on to her side and has tried to roll onto her stomach from her back.

We have been to books for babies group session at the library, most of the babies there were between 7-8 months. Kiara was just under 1 month, she slept most of the class. In June I will be attending a class called just beginning, it's for new moms with topics include growth and development, sleep and crying, infant nutrition, safety and community resources for babies 0-6 Months. The class is once a week for 4 weeks in June. I'm looking forward to the class, I'll keep you updated on info on that and how it goes.

Kiara does not fit into her newborn onesies and sleepers anymore, she outgrew them after the 3rd week of having her. She now wears 3-6-month-old clothing.  It is true babies outgrow their clothing so fast, after all, they grow up too fast. She is growing in lengthwise, outgrowing her bassinet. Soon we will have to put her in the crib in the nursery before 6 months and will use the baby monitor to keep an eye on her.

Kiara had a one-month doctors appointment a few days ago, She weighed 8lb, 3 oz and 20 inches long. She behaves so well at doctors apt, she has no fuss being weighed and getting a check up. 1 month from now she will go back to the doctors and get her first nettle.

For my recovery postpartum, it's been going very well. It's been 4 weeks. The first 2 weeks were the hardest to get through, thank goodness I had lots of help from my husband being off work and from my mother. I've been feeling much better in the last 2 weeks. The first 2 weeks I needed and got a lot of sleep and rest to recover my body. Now I'm lucky to get 6 hours of sleep overnight and try to have a 2-hour nap during the day as Kiara sleeps or is being watched by my husband or my mom. I have 2 weeks to go for recovery and oh can I not wait to be recovered. I've been able to clean, cook and lift again in the last two weeks. Before that, I was not lifting heavy items or doing much moving around.

That's all the updates for now. Stay tuned for my social media pages with updates and photos of Kiara. Thanks for reading today's blog!

Comment, Like, Share

Social Media Pages below.

Twitter  Youtube  Instagram  Pinterest





No comments: